Town Centre Shopfront Improvement Grant
This application process is now open, and will close on the 18th December 2020 at 5PM
Using Town Centre Funding, provided by Scottish Government, Argyll and Bute Council is supporting local business owners invest in their businesses through undertaking shopfront improvement projects. Applications for the grant are invited from business owners looking to make repairs to their shopfronts in the following towns:
Eligibility criteria for the Shopfront Improvement Grant:
- Shopfronts must be considered to be within the town centre of one of the eligible towns.
- Grants will be offered on a first come first served basis.
- Applications will be accepted until 5pm, Friday 18th December 2020.
- Applications cannot be made retrospectively. Please apply as quickly as possible if you have been considering making improvements to your property.
- Works must be able to complete by 30th June 2021.
There is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful in securing grant, but it is hoped that the funding will widely support business owners in the eligible towns.
Eligibility criteria is outlined in full within the Shopfront Improvement Grant Guidance Note.
Total available grant funding is outlined below. This will be updated weekly:
Tobermory – £28,000
When each of the above allocations are committed in full, the fund will close.
The grant is offered at 75% of eligible items, and is capped at £3,000.
The only exception to this would be if you are considering the full reinstatement of a traditional shopfront with one of classical proportions. In this case, assuming that the project is sufficiently advanced to ensure delivery within the required timescales, consideration will be given to increasing the maximum value to reflect the scale of the project. If you are in this position, please contact officers via: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.