Tobermory Harbour Association guidelines for easing lockdown
The Harbour Association has issued and a Notice to Mariners new guidance for Harbour users, to explain what is permissable from 29th May 2020.
Tobermory Harbour is now open to local recreational craft, commercial traffic and emergency services.
We remain closed to non-essential visiting vessels.
- Tobermory Harbour will open to Local Boat Owners, Crew or Mooring Holders, only if you live or work within an advised, 5 miles of Tobermory
- Local Boats will be able to motor or sail up to 5 miles from Tobermory for recreation, exercise or rod and line angling
- All Boats going to sea should inform the Coastguard or leave a passage plan with a relative or close friend
- Local Boats must not visit or make direct contact with other communities ashore or boat crews at sea except in an emergency
- Overnight trips are not allowed
- Please check all safety equipment
- Wear a life jacket when on the pontoons or going out on your vessels.
- Ensure you have a VHF or a fully charged mobile phone.
- Respect social distancing guidelines.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell.