Scotland Update: 22 March
At a news conference in Edinburgh, Ms Sturgeon also confirmed:
- The number of people who have died after testing positive for coronavirus in Scotland has risen to 10 – the country’s 416 confirmed positive cases was described as a “significant underestimate”
- The military has helped transport a coronavirus patient from a Scottish island to the mainland for treatment
- Ferry services to Scottish islands will only be open to islanders and freight
- Some 200,000 Scots will be “shielded” by the government and told not to leave their homes for at least 12 weeks
- NHS staff will be prioritised for the reduced number of school places from Monday.