Guidance for museums, galleries and heritage attractions
This guidance is for museums, galleries and heritage attractions It comes into effect immediately – from 6 July 2020 – and extends until further notice. Guidance will be reviewed on a regular basis in line with the regular three weekly review of lockdown requirements.
The Scottish Government is keen to build confidence and create the right environment for supporting safer work as we continue to live with COVID-19.
This guidance is based on the principles set out in COVID-19: A Framework for Decision-Making and our long-established commitment to fair work, which was set in the context of the current crisis in a joint statement with the STUC (which we have taken into account when developing this guidance).
The remainder of this guidance sets out our minimum expectations across key areas organisations will need to consider as part of their planning for a restart and ongoing production while minimising the transmission of the virus:
- assessing risk – involving the workforce in a risk based approach to a safer workplace
- workforce planning – supporting those who should come to work, and those who should not
- operational guide and checklist – changing the workplace environment to protect your workforce, and public areas to protect the public
- deliveries, distribution and other site visitors – protecting your workforce and site visitors
- training and compliance
- fulfilling public purpose – providing services in keeping with charitable objectives and public purpose where relevant
- local contexts – responding to local contexts and working in coordination
Source: The Scottish Government