Current COVID-19 GUIDANCE – 19 March
SELF ISOLATION is recommended for high risk groups.
These groups include:
• Aged over 70 regardless of current health
• Under 70 with underlying conditions sutch as:
– Chronic respiratory conditions: Asthma, COPD, Emphysema, Cystic Fibrosis
– Chronic Heart Conditions
– Chronic Kidney Disease
– Chronic Liver Disease
– Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s, MND, MS, cerebral palsy
– Immune system conditions such as HIV or AIDS, taking Steroids, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, immunosuppressant medication
– BMI of over 40
– Diabetes [being checked by Pharmacy]
Social Distancing is recommended for everyone regardless of age or underlying conditions. Please try to reduce contact with other people by:
• Avoid non-essential use of public transport
• Work from home where possible
• Avoid large gatherings
• Avoid gatherings in smaller venues such as pubs, cinema, restaurants, and theatres.
• Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Use Internet, Messaging, Remote Technologies, Telephone to stay in contact.
• Use Telephone/Internet to get in contact with GP/Pharmacy.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
• WASH YOUR HANDS. Do this often and with soap and water and for 20 seconds at a time.
• Wash your hands when entering and leaving home/work
• Avoid touching eyes/nose/mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who have shown symptoms.
• Cover coughs/sneezes with a tissue, throw tissue in the bin and wash hands afterwards.
• Take the Social Distancing Measures described above
If you develop symptoms your entire household should isolate for 14 days.